Helman Elementary PTA
July 2016 Executive Meeting Minutes
Date, Time, Location: Sunday July 10, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. at Joe’s house
Meeting called to order by Joe Shannon at 2:15 p.m.
Attendance: Joe Shannon, Avril Betoushana, Jessica Bendaw, Shane Hunter, Michelle Cuddeback, Susie Garcia
- The events take place Monday August. 29th and Tuesday Sept. 6th, directly after student drop off at 8:15 am.
- Last year coffee in carafes was donated by Noble. Joe will talk to the owner of Noble and look into other businesses such as Human Bean.
- Joe will take inventory of cups, stir sticks, napkins, sugar and creamer in the PTA closet and purchase more as needed. Joe will also purchase muffins from Costco
- We will sell Helman coffee mugs.
- We want to look into purchasing our own percolators to have the ability to make our own coffee. This could help us ensure we always have the right amount of coffee.
- The day of the event: Event signs hung, four tables set up with Joe’s table clothes, cut and plate muffins, trash can, tee shirts and sweat shirts boxes and rack, cash box and square for credit card transactions
- There will be a table with PTA event sign up sheets as well as PTA membership forms.
- We will see Helman tee shirts and hoodies.
- Joe will create event flyers to hand out during registration as well as half flyers to give to new kindergarten families during home visits.
- Brother’s is no longer providing grilling food donations to this event and we need find a new provider. Approach Louie’s? Somewhere else?
- Courtney Burkholder is the coordinator of the cake walk and Becky Sniffen is in charge of the other aspects of the event. Joe will be in contact with Becky to make sure details are covered.
Shane, Avril and Joe will meet in August at Rogue Federal Credit Union to complete some banking transaction.
PTA meetings this year will take place on the Second Thursday of every month from 6:30-8:00p.m. in the library
Next Meeting September 8th 2016 at 6:30 p.m. in the library
Meeting adjourned at 4:20 p.m. by Joe Shannon
Minutes compiled by Jessica Bendaw, Recording Secretary